The The Virtual Museum Project, planned for 2022, is promoted by the Prometheus Project and financed by Interreg POCTEFA and by the entities that are part of the consortium. The spirit of the party is in each town, in each community . . . and you have to live it! But through the museum we can relive a little the spirit of the party.
A participatory museum. The most important element of the project is that it will be a participatory project, like a “wiki” museum, built with everyones collaboration. A museum with the participation of the communities of fallas, which will request that everyone provide materials, documentation, photographs, videos, testimonies . . .
A museum for the future. The museum will not be a website or a collection of documentation. It meant to be a true museum to preserve the memory of the holidays, with new technologies that will help preserve the holidays.
A museum in five languages. Catalan, French, Occitan, Spanish and English.
A platform for territorial collaboration.
The reference exhibition “Fires”. The main virtual exhibition will present the importance of fire in societies (fire as a symbol of life, but also a danger to control) and especially in Pyrenean houses and towns. The small Pyrenean towns have struggled for centuries to adapt to the environment and fully realize their resources (livestock, wood, industry, tourism . . . ), and have grouped around the house, the town and the valley as spaces for social organization. In these towns, the festivals have set the rhythm of the people’s calendar, their life, their social and community integration. The fire festival involves a long process of preparation, with different rituals that have different denominations (fallas, haros, halhars, harts, brandons). The exhibition will explain the party, but above all it will explain how it is lived, how the people of the Pyrenean towns get excited every year at its celebration. For this reason, its protagonists will be given a voice: the communities of fallas, the people of the Pyrenean towns and valleys. It will talk about the past of the festival, or ‘party’, but especially about its present and how it has changed.
A party, several towns. Although there are elements in common, each party is unique. In addition to a map of the towns where the festivals are held, with photographic documentation and videos, there will be specific spaces dedicated to exhibitions of the festivals of various towns, valleys, regions or countries.
Live the party. The party can only be lived in the villages, participating in the true spirit of the party. But the museum will help you live the party through a virtual immersion in its celebrations and rituals.
Temporary exhibitions. Like any museum, we will have exhibitions that will be renewed. We will present objects, but on all the testimonies, reports, celebrations.
The Children’s Museum. This will contain educational resources, virtual stories, pedagogical material, didactic suitcases. Resources for children, families and schools to help transmit the party to new generations.
THE PROMETHEUS PROJECT
The Prometheus project of the “Solstice Fire Festivals of the Pyrenees” (EFA309 / 19) is coordinated by the Chair of Education and Intangible Heritage of the Pyrenees (CEPIP) of the University of Lleida (UdL), and has seven more partners:
- The Govern d’Andorra
- The Department of Culture of the Generalitat de Catalunya
- The Conselh Generau d’Aran
- The Economic Promotion Board of the Diputació de Lleida
- The University of Barcelona
- The University of Perpignan Via-Domitia
- The International Center for Research and Documentation Occitan (CIRDOC-Institut Occitan de Cultura)
With a total cost of 1,045,729.10 euros, 670,344.42 euros come from the FEDER funds of the European Union.
Included in the main actions of the project, which lasts two years, are :
- The creation of a virtual museum
- A mobile application designed to spread and add value to the intangible cultural heritage of humanity to associations, cultural companies and individuals
- Research and documentation on the holidays
- A communication kit for local organizations and entities related to the ‘fallas’
- The development of innovative pedagogical materials in the framework of ICT for primary and secondary schools in Catalan, French, Occitan and Spanish
- Holding an international symposium on fallas, haros and brandons
- The possibility of implementing a cross-border higher education specialized in intangible heritage in the Pyrenees